To Our Valued Clients.
The purpose of this correspondence is to further inform you with an update of our operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
We wish to reassure our clients that Liftronic is well prepared for the disruption to our business and our client’s business that the COVID-19 Pandemic will bring.
Our Directors and Executive Management Team are meeting on a daily basis to review and ascertain the different environments we are operating in. We are applying the Australian Government Department of Health Guidelines in all our business operations in addition to our own in-house Plans Procedures and Protocols.
The Executive has met and decided on several escalated responses to help protect our employees, clients and visitors, whilst maintaining support to our client base across Australia. Our highest priority is the health and welfare of our staff and clients. We have put operational procedures in place to minimize exposure while being able to deliver our services to our clients.
Our National Industry association which Liftronic is a member of, has a formal position regarding ongoing services. Please click here to read more on this.
The Liftronic day to day business is now operating as an Essential Service and as such will continue to provide maintenance and call out services. Liftronic staff will continue to provide these services with the relevant social distancing policies in place and PPE and elevated hygiene protocols in place, as per our Crisis Management Plan which is now in place.
The temporary measures we are implementing are unprecedented. However, these are unprecedented times that require leadership and bold decisions to protect our team and do our part to curb the spread of this virus in the community. The following points are from our Crisis Management plan to operating during this Global Pandemic.
Overview of new measures effective immediately for Management, Engineering, Sales, Call Centre and Support Staff:
- Our Managers, office staff engineering and technical teams will work as A and B teams with one team working remotely from home while the other team will work from our offices.
- Call centre and administration staff will remain in the office at this point in time. However, a social distancing practice will implemented in these offices.
- We will temporarily cease attendance (face to face) at meetings for our employees and suppliers and clients and suggest teleconferences, email and phone calls replace these face to face meetings.
- On-site site inspections for quotations will not be attended to by any Liftronic team member temporarily, though will continue to provide desk based quotations.
Following significant technical and data capacity upgrades undertaken over recent years all employees are able to access their computers and phones and so can be contacted as normal.
Overview of New Measures for Service Field Technical Staff
- Maintenance Field staff have been divided into teams which are to work with the appropriate PPE that has been provided. Teams have been asked not to mix so that if in the unfortunate circumstance one team gets ill they will not cross contaminate.
- In the event that service team numbers fall below the required critical operational numbers we will source appropriate technical staff from other areas of the business.
- The call centre will operate 24/7 as normal with elevated hygiene protocols and social distancing in place. Contingency plans are in place to use appropriately experienced and trained office staff to fill positions should call centre operators fall Ill.
- Team meetings have been postponedor are taking place using technology such as Microsoft teams etc.
Overview of New Measures Construction Site Staff
- Sites that remain open will be operational with staff following Government Healthrecommendation and strict hygiene protocols and the use of PPE
- Support staff will follow the above-mentioned support staff measures
- In the event of lockdown staff may be allocated to other areas, (where applicable), within the business such as service or our call centre operations
Supply of Materials and Programs
- Some materials for construction projects have been delayed, due to equipment supply chains and shipping issues caused by this global pandemic. We will be in contact with those clients that we expect will be affected by delays.
- Service has an adequate stock of spare parts in all states that we currently operate in. Although it should be noted if particular spares are required to be sourced from our overseas partners there may be delays.
In case of a Shutdown being imposed in the coming weeks, we have plans in place to deal with this eventuality if and when it occurs.
We would ask you, as the Owners and Managers of buildings that the Liftronic staff use as their workplace to please ensure that the appropriate Government Health Guidelines are followed on your sites to ensure that our staff have a hygienic and safe work space.
As the largest Australian owned lift company we are devastated by the impact this virus is having on our country’s people and businesses. We thank you for your ongoing support during this difficult situation and wish each and every one of you good health so we can stand together on the other side.